The GP Race v2 Suit is a multi-layer suit developed for all-round drivers racing in advanced competitions.
Compliant with FIA Standard 8856-2018, the GP Race v2 Suit has an athletic regular fit and has a three-layer construction:
one layer of aramidic twill and two layers of aramidic base knit.
This assembly offers an increase of 5% in breathability performance, while still maintaining a light weight at 400g/sqm.
The suit also incorporates knitted stretch panels for maximum comfort on the armholes, lower back and crotch areas.
A larger and longer back panel to really aid driver flexibility and range of movement, while the internal flat seam, fully floating arm and extended shoulders provide even greater levels of driver comfort.
• Certified to the new FIA 8856-2018 homologation standard.
• Multi-layer lightweight suit incorporating knitted stretchable panels for maximum comfort and excellent breathability.
• Alpinestars fully floating arm construction with stretchable knit fabric ensures minimal material resistance while driving.
• Aramidic knitted stretchable panels on back, waist and crotch for enhanced comfort and ease of movement.
• Ergonomic collar with soft knitted lining for extended coverage and maximum comfort.
• 100% Aramidic outer shell fabric for exceptional heat and flame-resistant proprieties.
• Adjustable collar and belted waist ensure a precise fit.
• Anatomical arm, leg and torso patterned paneling for an optimum fit in the driving position.
• Alpinestars exclusive shoulder epaulette construction provides an effective feature for the extraction of the driver in the event of a crash.
• Ribbed, stretchable wrist and foot cuffs for optimum comfort.
• Premium YKK double slidered zipper personalized for a versatile and customizable fit.
• Thigh pockets for convenient, peace-of-mind storage.
• Sold with laundry bag for convenience and effective material fiber protection.
• Regular fit design.
• Weight 400 g/m².
Sizes 44 – 60 (44-64 Anthracit Black Red)
Information to the latest Homologations:
The FIA standard 8856-2000 can be produced until the end of 2021 hergestellt and may be used max. until 2029.
The FIA standard 8856-2018 will be obligatory step by step for the following race series:
2019: Formel E
2020: F1, WRC (Priority 1 Teams), WEC
2021: WRC (all Teams), F2, WRX, ERX
2029: all other events
With FIA 8856-2018 a certificate of the producer is obligatory. Addiontal printing of suits and underwear is not allowed anymore!
For the already printed clothing nothing changes. Patches are still allowed to be fixed (but only with firedproofed strand).